Refurbished Leica® RM2255 Automatic Microtome
The Leica® RM2255 is a fully automated rotary microtome, designed for fully motorized sectioning of both paraffin and resin-embedded specimens. This microtome is fully refurbished and includes a 1-year parts and labor warranty. Contact us today for a quote.
Leica® RM2255 Fully Automated Rotary Microtome
The Leica® RM2255 is a fully automated rotary microtome, designed for fully motorized sectioning of both paraffin- and resin-embedded specimens. The Leica® RM2255 supports a broad spectrum of applications; in routine and research laboratories; in histology; in industrial materials and quality control. Its two-in-one design concept, which allows motorized and manual sectioning, provides reproducible high-quality sections.
Features and Benefits:
- Newest model fully-automatic Leica® microtome.
- Ergonomic and compact design.
- User friendly control panel.
- Precision knife holder with fewer clamps.
- Automatic, variable specimen retraction.
- Section thickness counter.
- New knife holder design.
- Section thickness setting range: 0,5 – 100 μm
- Setting values: from 0,5 μm – 5 μm in 0,5 μm-increments
- from 5 – 20 μm in 1 μm-increments
- from 20 – 60 μm in 5 μm-increments
- from 60 –100 μm in 10 μm-increments
- thickness setting range: 1 – 600 μm
- Setting values: from 1 – 10 μm in 1 μm-increments
- from 10 – 20 μm in 2 μm-increments
- from 20 – 50 μm in 5 μm-increments
- from 50 – 100 μm in 10 μm-increments
- from 100 – 600 μm in 50 μm-increments
- Maximum specimen size (L x H x W): 50 x 60 x 40 mm
- Specimen orientation: horizontal: 8°, vertical: 8°
- Nominal supply voltages: 100 / 120 / 230 / 240 V AC ±10%
- Nominal frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power draw: 340 VA
Basic Instrument Dimensions
- Width (including hand wheel): 413 mm
- Depth (including waste tray): 618 mm
- Height (with storage area on cover): 305 mm
- Weight (without accessories): approx. 37 kg, approx. 81 lbs
Control Panel Dimensions
- WxDxH: 121 x 166 x 50 mm
- Weight: approx. 0.66 kg, approx. 1.45 lbs
Leica® is a registered trademark of Leica® Technology. Sakura and all associated marks are trademarks of Sakura Finetek, U.S.A., Inc. Thermo Scientific is a registered trademark of THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC. Tanner Scientific is a trademark of Tanner Scientific LLC.