Hologic® ThinPrep® 2000 Processor
The ThinPrep 2000 processor, is a reliable automated slide preparation system. This unit has been refurbished and includes a full parts and labor warranty.
Through Hologic®’s computerized process and patented membrane technology, the ThinPrep® 2000 processor controls dispersion, collection and transfer of diagnostic cells from sample to slide. This ensures that the slide is representative of — and reproducible of — the original sample collected in the ThinPrep® Pap test vial.
Under the precise control of the ThinPrep® 2000 microprocessor, a gentle dispersion step breaks up blood, mucus and non-diagnostic debris, then thoroughly mixes the sample. With a series of negative pressure pulses, fluid is drawn through the ThinPrep® 2000 filter to collect a thin, even layer of diagnostic cellular material. The ThinPrep® 2000 processor constantly monitors the rate of flow through the filter during this process, collecting an appropriate amount of material for testing.
The cellular material is transferred to a glass slide using computer-controlled mechanical positioning and positive air pressure. The slide is then ejected into a cell fixative bath, ready for staining and evaluation.
Features and Benefits:
- Dispersion: A rotary drive mechanism gently disperses samples.
- Collection: A pneumatic/fluid system, controlled by a microprocessor, monitors cell collection.
- Transfer: Computer-controlled position and positive air pressure facilitate transfer of cells to the ThinPrep® microscope slide.
Weight and Dimensions
- Instrument dimensions: 18 x 19.5 x 15 in.
- Waste container: 6 x 17 x 6 in.
- Throughput: Approximately 25 samples per hour. Up to 50,000 samples per year within a single 8-hour shift
- Weight: 41 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 59-90° F (15-32°C)
- Operating humidity: 20% – 90% RH non-condensing
- Electrical voltage: 100/120 VAC @ 2 amps; 220/240 VAC @ 1 amp
- Frequency: 47-63 Hz
- Power maximum: 200 watts
Leica® is a registered trademark of Leica® Technology. Sakura and all associated marks are trademarks of Sakura Finetek, U.S.A., Inc. Thermo Scientific® is a registered trademark of THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC. Tanner Scientific® is a registered trademark of Tanner Scientific LLC. Hologic®, Bio Lion®, and CellSolutions® are registered trademarks of their respective owners.